Things to do in Perth
Okay so unfortunately the other week we came across this article from the Huffington Post about Perth. If you haven't heard of it, let us enlighten you - they had the nerve to crown Perth #4 on their list of the most boring cities in the world! So obviously we had to make sure we could prove that statement wrong, we asked around, researched and explored ourselves to come up with the below list of reasons why Perth is far from boring.
In no particular order, here are some things to get you out and about on this Sunday morning and get you exploring our amazing city!
- Kings Park: Okay so probably the most obvious but this place is one of the world’s largest and most beautiful inner city parks. Amazing views of the city skyline and the Darling Ranges are there while you can walk the bush trails, have a picnic, look through the art gallery, watch the kids on the playgrounds, or just have a coffee in the cafe.
- Rooftop Hangs: Ok so Summer is just around the corner and what better way to experience it than with high altitude drinking and movies? There's a few in Perth and they are all great! Some of our faves are Bob's Bar in the city (named after former Prime Minister Bob Hawke), Mechanics Institute (recently named Australia's 2015 Best Small Bar) and of course we can't have this list without Northbridge's rooftop movies - now its not exactly a bar but you can still sip on a glass of red and enjoy the full circle views of Perth whilst watching the latest flick.
- Rottnest: Not only are the quokkas the cutest little critters ever! But the beaches are beautiful, you can go on Segway tours, bike riding, whale watching or just enjoy some good food and drinks at some of the cool restaurants/bars.
- Swan Valley: There's no need at all to head 3 hours down south to check out some amazing wineries - all you need is in this region just 15 mins north of the city. Hire a bus and get a group of your mates together, makes for an awesome day out!
- Breakfast: Is easily one of our favourite things to do on a Sunday! There are so many hidden breakfast place gems here that we can't possibly name them all. But some of our absolute faves are Sayers in Leederville, Tropico in North Beach, Bella Rosa in Carlisle, Architects and Heroes in Subi & Mary Street Bakery in Highgate.
- Perth Arena: Ok so in the beginning there was a bit of a debate about how it looked. But that was quickly forgotten as it became Western Australia’s landmark home of live entertainment and a must-play destination for acts like Bruce Springsteen, P!NK, Justin Timberlake, The Rolling Stones, Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Michael Buble, KISS & Rod Stewart.
These are just a few of the rad things you can get up to in Perth - proof that this city is far from boring! If you have done any exploring yourself or know of some cool things to do that we've missed then let us know!