Ok so this weekend was an absolute scorcher, it was not even enjoyable it was that hot. We remember back in Winter when we would give anything for a hot Summers day, this wasn't that. This was like living in Satan's armpit.
So with this last month of Summer sweltering by, we've come up with a few easy steps to help beat the heat and stay cool for these last few weeks:
1. Start a new diet: The ice cream, watermelon, icy pole and juice diet.
2. Go to the shops, the movies, or anywhere that has aircon.
3. Have a nap. Lol jokes, you wont be able to, sleep is for rich people that have aircon. (You could sleep at the above locations)
4. Drink water, like all the time. You will probably turn into a shrunk prune if you don't.
5. Make your fridge your friend: You can put household items inside the fridge to cool them off. Want to attempt a good night’s sleep? Chill your bed by placing folded sheets and pillow casings in plastic bags and letting them cool off in the fridge for a few hours. Then put them on your bed right before you hop in, its genius!
6. Be extra nice to all your friends that have a pool.
7. Stick to the basics by placing a bowl of ice in front of a fan. The wind from the fan will blow over the ice and create a refreshing mist. (You can thank us later)
8. Strenuous activities should be reduced if not eliminated completely, especially during 11am-4pm. Oh no, can't go to the gym today, what a shame!
9. Heat rises. If you have a two-storey house, stay downstairs. Sleep there, too.
10. We hate to say it (like REALLY hate it) but cool your caffeine, try an iced tea instead of a hot coffee.
If you guys have any tips and tricks that you use to beat the heat then let us know!